Friday, September 3, 2010

Just a little about myself....

My name is Melissa Colas. I am currently a junior and i am majoring in communications. My favorite thing to do is relax because i am constantly working. Currently i work at a liquor distributor and importer office and applebees. With that said i work with different types of managers on different aspects of business. I show an interest in management because throughout my years of working, i have experienced a couple of managers who i believe were not great role models to the employees. A good manager to me is one who is able to tell their employees what to do and they follow their own rules as well with no exceptions. It is possible for managers to achieve this if they fulfill their expectations from their workers for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Hi (I'm commenting again because my comments to all of the 3 people have disappeared from their first post!), I have had managers who did not follow what they said. They expect the workers to respect the rules of being punctual and finding things to do when there is a slowdown of customers but the managers didn't follow this themselves. They came in late and left early and my coworkers started doing this too. My coworkers would come in late, but early enough to beat the manager to the workplace, and they left right after the manager pulled out of the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! You seem to have a lot of experience with management. I totally agree with your views on what a good manager is. A good manager should definitely be able to support and guide their employees to what is to be expected of them for total satisfaction in the end.

    ReplyDelete