Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Future endeavors

I have always envisioned  myself doing numerous things after i graduate college.Upon my graduation from Baruch, i plan on getting my masters degree. I have to study for all the tests in order to get into graduate school. However, one thing that i need to do is figure out exactly what i want to get my masters degree in. Some ideas that i have is Business Administration. This goal will help me with my goal further along in my future of becoming a business owner. One goal that i have always had in the back of my mind is opening up my own pastry shop.This is my business owning dream. I plan on making this happen after i am done with my career and have retired. I want to make enough money to invest in the business myself. I became interested with this goal since i have watched amazing wedding cakes, my interest in baking cupcakes and it gives me a piece of mind.I also plan on attending culinary school in order to learn how to master the art of baking good and decorative sweets for the world to enjoy.

Another goal for myself is to travel all over the world. I have always enjoyed traveling therefore i have developed a strong interest in broadening my mind for what else is going on in the world. I plan on traveling throughout my business career when I'm on vacations perhaps with my family. The places i want to travel to are Britain,China,South America, Dubai, Spain,etc. Although i have many more visions for myself these are ones that have stuck with my for quite a bit of time in my life. I hope that they can be achieved through hard work and determination.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you said, everyone envision their future. For now on, everyone wants to graduate from the college first. For future, they might not think about it. Even thought for myself, I want to graduate from the school first, after that I might think to get my masters degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Iysis! I think it would be really cool if you could go to culinary school in one of the places you want to travel to, so you can get the best of both worlds. You'll probably learn to make some exotic foods along the way. When it's time to open your own pastry shop, you'll definitely have something unique to bring to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, i'm not too great at baking but you're totally right about that Amazing Wedding Cakes show, as well as Cake Boss; they can make anybody want to drop everything and learn how to bake a cake along with other pastries. I happen to agree with Will in that traveling across the globe is the best possible way for anybody to really broaden their view in what exists in the world and you can really learn wonders in terms of dishes and sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys that's actually a really great idea. Plus I can save money in this horrible economy by doing two in one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Iysis, i also plan on going to culinary school so that i can open a bakery in the future!! =) except i plan on doing it as my career but its great to know i'm not the only person who envisions this for their future

    ReplyDelete